Friday, May 22, 2015

What's Going On...


The Chemotherapy arrived in the mail. Josh's yearlong course begins on Tuesday, May 27th.
It's kind of ironic because today is the first day that he has NOT napped since starting Radiation.  
The Chemotherapy will cause fatigue.

He just started feeling well enough to start on a home improvement project. It started out to be a little fixing up in the office but has turned out to be a major project. A lot more than he expected!

We haven't been updating the Blog lately. I'm not sure why Josh hasn't, but I know that I haven't because after our last visit with his Neuro Oncologist, I felt discouraged. Every time we go there, I come out feeling like I got blind-sided with a punch to the gut. This time, we were told that because the tumor has grown into the Motor Cortex, it is probable that Josh will have right side deficits in the future. We knew that the tumor had reached this area and that it was unsafe to surgically remove anymore of it but, I had not expected to hear this bit of detail. I understand that the purpose of  Radiation and Chemotherapy is to slow the growth of the tumor that was left behind. But still, after surgery, 6 weeks of radiation, and a year of chemo, it's scary to hear that this is still the prognosis. He went through and is going through all of this and still...
So, that's why I haven't felt up to an update.

Amazingly, Josh has been doing well. Aside from the news from the doctor and feeling exhausted, his mood is good. He's keeping active and hoping to take a trip before he starts back at work. By the way, his hair still hasn't started growing back. 
I keep waiting to see a Blog post from him.




I remember this stuff...DO NOT Touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment