Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Year - New Outlook


Can't believe its a New Year!  Exactly 365 days since my surgery last year.

2015 was a year that challenged me like no other, but here I am, starting my tenth month of chemo. I'm "carpet bombing" my system for 5 days straight then taking 23 days to recover. Just as I'm starting to feel better, with more energy, I start another round. Only 2 more months to go and then I'm officially done. 


Rosicrucian Peace Garden 
I've promised myself to spend a lot more time with family, with friends and just having a more positive outlook on everything. I have my days, like everyone, but I hope to keep my stress level in check and just focus on enjoying each day. 

New Year, new job (still at the Bank) and new outlook. Going to try to enjoy the little things... 

Happy New Year



4 comments:

  1. Hi Josh,
    One of the little things in my life is the shortcut on my computer desktop to this blog. I click it every day hoping and expecting to hear more good news. I miss you and your family very much.
    Gordon Sumerel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing one of the "little things" and very honored to be a part! Miss you and your family as well. Any trips planned out here to the Bay Area please let us know.

      How far is Livonia, MI from you? Planning to be out there in June.

      Delete
  2. It's about 2.5 hours by car. Lake Eerie gets in the way. It would only be about 1 hour by duck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent advice for anyone! I'm so happy that things are going well for you. I've quietly kept up with your journey ever since I reached out about my friend a while back (thank you again for all your info and support - she's doing well these days too). Here's to "official done-ness" and the little things! Happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete