Monday, January 26, 2015

Family and Friends...

I've been fortunate to have a great number of family and friends that support me through each surgery.

Recently, I've been keeping busy with friends and family -
I had a great weekend at the Vegas Rock-n-Roll Marathon, thanks to Adam and Julie. We ran, lost some money, won some money and had a really good time.

Julie and Chris took me out for a drink and got my mind of things. I'm still bummed about missing out on the trip to Angel Island!

I had a fun evening with Jett and Jade. Lots of laughing!

This weekend Victor, Saori and Shoka made a visit from England, China, Japan, Southern California or wherever they live at the moment. And, Mr. Allgood made a surprise appearance too. It meant so much for them to make such a big trip to come see me.

It was also my niece Lola's Birthday and we had a great time with lots of families.

I also met up with an old friend, Mill, and his Dad for lunch in Petaluma. It was great to see them again. When we were 20 or so, we were involved in a car accident in the middle of nowhere in Baja. I can still picture that sunset on our Life Flight plane ride back to San Diego. If we survived that, I'm certain that I will survive next week. 

And then there's Ron...not only a great brother-in-law, but a great friend too. Last night we got out and had a chat without any interruptions.

Today is Monday and the countdown begins...7 days left


If I survived this, I can survive next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment