Monday, April 6, 2015

It's Official - Halfway Point of Radiation

"Patches" 
It's been quite a first few months of the year - actually we are only a few days into the second quarter and I've gone through quite a lot. Three brain surgeries, a few seizures, and I'm halfway done with radiation, but who's counting? - We are! 15 out of 30 - DONE. Only 15 more to go...and then a month off.  Then a year of Chemotherapy.  I've done 12 months of chemo before (2007) and don't expect a large impact on my QOL.  Quality of Life - Who new they had an abbreviation for that? Every day when we get in the car and head to Stanford, Fay and I talk about how our days feel like that movie, Ground Hog Day.

My hair has started falling out. A little at first but, it's about to get a whole lot worse. I've nicknamed myself  "Patches".  I'm not going to let this get me down. Or slow me down - Adam, if you're reading this, and I know you are - I challenge you to a 1/2 marathon this YEAR!

"Patches", Hayden, Gio and my nephew Quinn
Aly, Lisa and Kim were kind enough to get our family tickets to the San Jose Earthquakes soccer game on Easter Sunday. My heart breaks for Kim and her young kids, she just recently lost her husband to a very aggressive type of brain tumor. She's so generous to be thinking of us even while she is dealing with so much. Thank you...

Dylan and Fay stayed home because they weren't feeling well so Hayden brought along a friend and I took my nephew, Quinn. We had a great time, especially Hayden!

Work Related: My boss is managing my departments, employees and projects while I am on leave. He was also kind enough to take me out to dinner and A BEER a few weeks ago when he was in town from "God's Country" as he calls it - Also, known as Southern California. I wonder how long this one beer thing will last...



My boss, Ron and Patches



3 comments:

  1. Excellent, you up for a change of events or should we do Vegas again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Josh. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Glad Ron sprung for dinner and a beer. I am pretty sure you'll be moving up from that one beer thing soon! Great progress and strength! Keeping you and your family in my prayers!

    Carol Genevich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in Carol, good to hear from you. Thank you for thinking of us and I'll be back at work in no time! I understand you are enjoying your retirement. Please keep in touch!

      Delete