Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Over


Radiation is officially over! 30 for 30. Done! I'm still so tired and without my hair but, we won't be making the daily drive to Stanford. Guess what!? The grand opening of the Stanford Cancer Treatment Center is in July...in San Jose. Turns out I missed being radiated in my hometown by weeks.

I guess I was expecting to feel excited, different on the final session. I felt the same as I did for 30 days - I felt nothing as I laid there. Though it feels damn good to know I don't have to go tomorrow.

The Radiology Technicians were so wonderful. It almost makes me want to go back to visit them. Almost...

The fatigue is expected to last at least a month more. In about a week, my head should start to peel. I'm really hoping my hair grows back.
The next step is Chemotherapy. But, I'm looking forward to a break first. 


My brother-in-law summed it up well... "Congratulations? Is that really what you wanted? It's like congratulating you on having a tumor. I'm so glad it's over though." You have to know him to know this was a really sweet comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment