Friday, April 17, 2015

Only 6 more days to go

I picked up all of my health records from Stanford Hospital this week. This consisted of 3,677 pages detailing my care and over 14,000 images from 2015 alone.

Click to enlarge
Here is one of the CT images - during my stay. The grid was placed on my brain during the first surgery and was removed during my third craniotomy a week later.

Crazy enough image, but if you look closely you will see the two prior tumor resection sights. They're in the upper right corner where the seizure grids bend in a little. This grid was placed on February 2, 2015, You can also see the 4 or so wires that are coming out of my skull and were wrapped up and connected to a seizure monitor for the week. They monitor each number on the grids for any seizure activity. This didn't go so well as I had to have an emergency surgery two days later to deal with bleeding in the brain. But, everything was sorted out by Monday of the following week when the grid was removed, a seizure focus sight was removed and 80% of my tumor was removed. It's amazing the pictures they can get.

I asked the radiation therapy technicians today if anyone has sneezed while in the mask (you cannot speak once you are in it because it locks in your entire head including your jaw in place) - they said yes, that it has happened a few times and assured me that I didn't want to sneeze. I didn't sneeze!

With six days left of radiation, I'm getting excited - as excited as one can be for ending radiation.  I'm trying to think of ways to smash my radiation mask - any ideas, submit below. I have times when I have some decent energy so here is a picture of me relearning front flip 180's. For those not familiar, yes, I'm supposed to be sideways. For those that know, I haven't landed a rodeo yet but I'm getting close!

I've been walking, skipping rope and even running in between my bouts of fatigue. Thankfully, other than that, the hair loss is the only symptom I've had since I started.  I'll start doing occupational and speech therapy again as soon as radiation is over.


Feeling good today that I only have a few more radiation treatments to go!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Josh! Just heard about your blog this week and wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you from MI. Good to see you are on the mend and keeping your sense of humor. :) BTW your family is beautiful and this blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and the acknowledgment of my sense of humor - my family doesn't think I have one. Really good to hear from you!!

      Delete