Monday, February 2, 2015

Currently being put to sleep

A lot of time our energy is focused on the patient. What can we do, how can we help as they go through the surgery and recovery process. This is normal.

I'm currently being put to sleep, they will open and close my skull and I will "come to" several hours later in the ICU. I will then repeat this process 7 days later. Don't get me wrong, brain surgery is not an easy recovery (actually it's horrible) and I do not look forward to the painful weeks that I know lay ahead of me. That said, my family and close support group will pay a heavier price.

I can't imagine what my wife and close family and friends go through. Trust me, I've tried, but I can't imagine how hard it all must be.

How can our boys possibly retain a normal schedule with their father in the hospital? Will they be ok? How will they cope? They both handle my health issues in different ways  -  I love them so much and only wish that I can put there minds at ease.

Fay - We had no idea how much the "in sickness and in health" would mean only a few short years later. We have been through some trying times however you always have been there for me and our boys. I can't imagine the stress I put you through on a daily basis let alone the amount of pressure you are under right now.

I've scheduled this draft to post right as I go under for my surgery (8:15am). I just wanted one last chance to tell you how much I love you. I know how much you do for our family and I can't thank you enough for always being there for us. This will be a "boring surgery" (Dr's words - not mine) so I will see you in a few hours.

Love you,
Josh

P.S. Per our discussion this Friday, please don't hold anything over me that I might say when I am in the ICU - We both know that I am out of my mind.








No comments:

Post a Comment