Saturday, February 21, 2015

Recovery Progress

Recovery is still at a mind numbing, slow and frustrating pace.

Speech: It took me 15 minutes to write the alphabet with a pencil today. The only letters I forgot how to write are a lower case "f" and "k". I guess that is progress. The little one (Hayden) is such a help when it comes to my nightly speech therapy homework.


Physical: The pain in my legs has been absolutely horrible - even just standing straight takes monumental effort. Two weeks of laying in bed caused the muscles in my legs to atrophy. 
I have a slight lean to the right side so I'm supposed to try and correct that which isn't as easy as it sounds. I'm already concentrating really hard on just walking and now I need to work on fixing the right side drift.

Thankfully, the leg pain has somewhat subsided the last two days and I have been able to do some light stretching and walking. It was a nice day out and I made my first "unsupervised" walk around the block! And, I walked around the track at Lincoln High School and went up and down the bleachers.



Spending time with the puppy has been good therapy too.

Occupational therapy starts next week.

I've been slowly tapering off the steroid that helps with brain swelling. I'm so glad I only have four more days on it. I cannot stop eating. Everyone laughs at me when I get to my meal. But, I can't control it.  It's Crazy!








1 comment:

  1. The bad news: On Josh's walk today, a three year old stole his drink. The good news: Josh did a lot of walking and kept a good pace. Great to see.

    ReplyDelete