Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pain Meds Fiasco

Just make sure that you get plenty of pain medicines when they release you from the hospital. Trying to get my prescription refilled turned into a total fiasco.

Today I ran out of pain pills. Well. yesterday. When Fay went to refill the prescription, it wasn't on the narcotic tag. She had driven to Stanford on Monday to get a new RX so that I would not run out. But, last night at the pharmacy, she was told that it was not on the legal prescription paper used for narcotics. So, they would not fill it. Nights are my worst for head pain so I started to panic. She called the NeuroSurgeon On-Call but since it was a narcotic, they could not send the order electronically and it had to be hand delivered to the pharmacy! I was out of luck and out of pain med.

Seriously - we have reverted to a paper process in 2014 for pain meds!!! Read more...

First thing in the morning, Fay was on the phone trying to sort out the mistake which wasn't fixed until 2 today. We drove to Stanford, again, to pick up the new prescription that was written on the right paper.

So this was my first time out since surgery and it was back to the Stanford NeuroScience Center. NOT my first choice of places to go. Plus, fay was pretty worked up over the huge mess. Super mad!
Seriously, no joke!

At least we stopped for lunch at the Fish Market for clam chowder. But, being out in a restaurant was overwhelming. The crowd and the noise...sensory overload.


No comments:

Post a Comment