Saturday, February 28, 2015

Perfect Timing

"Hello Josh and Fay - I ran across your blog somehow, I hope you don't mind a stranger reading about your situation.  I just wanted to say thank you.

We have a dear friend who had brain surgery in December (different type than yours) and still suffers from seizures and disorientation.  We don't really understand what she is going through and it's quite scary especially as we are geographically distant from her right now.

So I appreciate being able to read your blog as sort of a proxy to help her through her situation.  I hope your words bring comfort to others going through this, and that they provide a way to help you heal.

Your family is beautiful and clearly they support and love you very much...  And very clearly, you are strong and determined!  Hugs and I wish you the very best in your recovery.  - Jen"

*******

Your message couldn't have come at a better time for our family. We just found out today that I will be proceeding with Radiation followed by one year of Chemo.

One of the reasons I am posting about my surgery and recovery process is to provide insight into what it's like to suffer from seizures and a brain tumor in the most open and honest way (for the internet - anyway) for others to see. I'm grateful that any of my words provide insight into what your friend may be going through. 

I do know that the seizure meds alone are enough to cause MANY issues, let alone the trauma of a brain surgery and resulting impact that may result. 

You are doing the right thing - reading and finding out how best to help her. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will answer any questions you (or she) may have. 

I appreciate your email so very much and I wish you and your friend the best. 
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to follow and send love and light from oregon. My husband is 3+years out from his oligo 2 diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and support. It's much appreciated. I'm wishing you and your family the best.

      Delete