Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Radiation Concerns

I'm feeling very nervous that radiation might impact me more than I expected. Especially, after talking with a family friend whose husband just passed away from a brain tumor.

She was more than generous to take time, even though she is going through so much, to talk with me about some things that she wish she had known before her husband started radiation. She gave me some really good information and good questions to ask the doctor. I'm so thankful to her for our talk.

There are a lot of factors that come into play - there are more than 120 different brain tumor types, different grade levels (how aggressive), types of radiation, amount/length of radiation, and the location of the tumor in the brain that effect treatment outcome.

After learning more about it, I'm really apprehensive about starting radiation therapy. I'm anxious about tomorrow's meeting with the Radio-Oncologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment