Thursday, March 26, 2015

Visitors and Radiation Week 1-2

Week 7 of recovery from brain surgery and I'm officially RECOVERED - from brain surgery that is. I can lean all the way forward without the vice like pressure. I'm still working with Speech and Occupational therapies but that has been put on hold until I finish my Radiation Treatment.

Today, I'm definitely feeling the effects of radiation. I still plan to walk 4 miles everyday, but it will be incredibly hard. I'm exhausted. I slept about 10 hours last night and the night before and am still taking 2-3 naps a day. The radiation is a cumulative effect and I'm already this tired!

Julie and Chris were kind enough to read my last blog when I was complaining about my Doctor's order of a 1 beer limit. I said something about the Doctor not specifying how large of a beer. Well, they were awesome and brought me a fairly large beer.

Victor, Saori and Shoka came up for another visit from Southern California. It was so good to see them. Enjoy your trip back to Japan Shoka and Saori! See you again soon.


Saori, Shoka, my beer and Chris

It's been awhile since I have seen this view - Thanks Julie
One Mile Times - Just to see how I am recovering from surgery and how the radiation fatigue impacts me....

Week 4 - 8:51
Week 6 - 7:52 - Ran on 3/16 - Started radiation 3/17.
Week 7 - 7:19

I will probably rethink this 1 mile plan. Maybe like hours walked/run during the week. I need to think on it.

Many thanks to everyone that has helped keep me and my family's spirits up with cards, texts, email, visits, etc. I still have an uphill battle and my down days but as I write this post I can't believe how far I've come. Radiation and Chemo doesn't have anything on the horrible recovery process from surgery.  Mental State: feeling fortunate


For those that are interested, I've uploaded the entire video of the "Cancer Killing Machine". The machine takes two x-rays to ensure I'm lined up correctly then the radiation begins at 3:40.


No comments:

Post a Comment