Monday, March 30, 2015

Radiation Effects - Week 3

I suppose it was inevitable - my head is red with a bad "sunburn" AND more fatigue.

The sunburn hurts. Between the lotion three times a day and aloe vera I'm not sure what more I need to do.

The fatigue is incredible and is expected to get worse. I thought my daily exercise plan would give me a shot at fighting it. I still get my exercise and just take naps at other times. I will have small times where I have energy and then others when I don't.

We took Hayden out of school early on Friday because he has shown interest about where I go everyday. Before treatment began, Dr. Swift said that it can be healthy and helpful to show children the mask and the radiation machine. The Radiation Technicians are so wonderful and explained everything to him. He was a bit intimidated and a little scared, but in the end, it was a good idea.

With Hayden at the controls and speaking to me over the intercom system I was certain I was in good hands. I don't even get to see the control panel!


No comments:

Post a Comment